Monday 12 June 2017

Definitely No More


As I said last time, this dating lark online is scarey.

I got close to meeting someone really nice and then I got cold feet. I thought he would probably say goodbye or never contact me again after he got back to his normal life. So, rather than wait for that hurt, I ended it, and I wasn't very polite about it.

Now I am sad about it, but there is nothing I can do, except make sure it doesn't happen again.  I'm not going to do the online thing any more.

Anyway - I'll bounce back from that self-inflicted wound I expect and maybe there'll be a second chance, but I wish I had let the thing run its course...

Not everything is bad, though - here is tonight's dinner - spaghetti with chilli oil (my own piri-piris) and home-grown coriander...

Spaghetti with chili oil

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

It sure can be tough being on your own, especially as you get older. I don't think there are any easy answers either. I agree, the online thing is a bit scary; hard to know if people are genuine or not. I think you were very brave to consider it.

French Nanny said...

Thanks Carolyn, Just a bit sad about it all at the moment

Joy said...

Cool your jets, kick back and enjoy your days. Sounds like you just weren't ready for the dating scene. Perhaps it will come about later, and in a way you didn't expect.